• WHAT: Ironstone Concours d’Elegance
• WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 22, from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• WHERE: Ironstone Vineyards, 1894 Six Mile Road
• GETTING THERE: The Ironstone Vineyard facility is 75 minutes east of Stockton via Highway 4
• COST: Admission is $20 per adult or $35 per couple or family of two adults and two children (those under 14 admitted free). Discount coupons are available on this website.
• DETAILS: Lunch, snacks, soft drinks and wine tasting are available on the Ironstone premises. You might want to buy lunch tickets in advance or at the concours entry gate.
• MORE INFO: Go to www.ironstonevineyards.com
MURPHYS - The Ironstone Concours d’Elegance takes place each year on the last Saturday of September. It’s held at the Ironstone Vineyards, just outside the historic Gold Rush town of Murphys, California.
The concours typically attracts 300-plus antique and classic cars from Northern and Central California, plus vintage trailers, motorcycles and wooden boats.
Ironstone’s honored marquees vary from year to year. Names like Stutz, Packard, Duesenberg, Pierce-Arrow, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar and other elegant classics are regularly featured. Emphasis is likewise given to sports cars, Ford Model T, Model A and early V8s, coachbuilt luxury cars as well as unrestored and original automobiles.
The Ironstone Concours d’ Elegance is put on by the non-profit Ironstone Concours Foundation. For years, concours proceeds have benefited Central and Northern California FFA and 4-H youth activities, including Horse Classics, Guide Dog and Service Dog programs, Computer Corps and Citizenship Service Learning.
Within the Concours, you’ll find demonstrations and projects populated by young people from local 4-H and FFA groups. Additionally, the Ironstone Concours Foundation has pledged generous donations to the building fund for the California State FFA headquarters in Galt, California, along with regional FFA high-school education programs. The concours continues to fund scholarships in partnership with the California State Fair Scholarship Fund and the Calaveras County Fair Scholarship program.
Admission is $20 per adult or $35 per couple or family of two adults and two children (those under 14 admitted free). Discount coupons are available on this website.
For lodging in and around Murphys, please visit www.visitcalaveras.org or contact the Calaveras County Visitor Bureau at (209) 736-4237 or (800) 225-3764. Be sure to make your reservation early, because local hotels, motels and B&B’s tend to fill up fast over the concours weekend.
Extend Your Visit
Murphys is conveniently located between Lake Tahoe and Yosemite. The town is surrounded by natural and historic wonders of its own, so it’s an ideal destination for visitors of every interest. Many concours attendees stretch the weekend to take advantage of the area’s many other attractions. Within Calaveras County you’ll find championship golf courses, awe-inspiring caves and caverns, places to pan for gold, museums, art galleries, antique shops, plus facilities for hiking, boating and just relaxing.