Saturday, May 29
Noon: A low-key opening for the weekend takes place at noon when the traveling tribute to those who have fallen in the Global War on Terror as well as 6,000 memorial crosses open at Woodward Park, Manteca.
Sunday, May 30
(All events at Woodward Park on Woodward Avenue quarter mile east of South Main Street south of the Highway 120 Bypass in Manteca)
• 8 a.m.; World War II T-35 flyover.
• 8 a.m.; The “Wounded Warrior Christopher Braley 5K run/walk” begins. The application fee is $35. All participants will get a free omelet breakfast provided by NuLaid Eggs and NuCal Foods in Ripon and an event T-shirt. Applications are available for download at www.thememorialweekend.org.
• 9 a.m.; Omelet breakfast served.
• 9:30 a.m.; Opening ceremony at the Traveling Tribute by the Ripon Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1051.
• 10 a.m.; Marine Cpl. Charles O. Palmer Car Show with Joe Kowalski’s “Bad Rat Monster Truck” on display. Over 400 vehicles pre-registered.
• 10 a.m.; Community Worship Service with Word of Life Church from MiWuk.
• 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Concessions open, three helicopter landings, Manteca Police Department demonstrations, Kids Play Zone (petting zoo, pony rides, bounce houses) sponsored by South San Joaquin Irrigation District, Cal-Crush Clydesdale horse & carriage rides, military vehicle static displays, exhibitors booths. There will also be three military helicopters landing.
• 2:30 p.m.; volunteers are being asked to create a corridor using 200 American flags for the arrival of Gold Star families.
• 3 p.m., A rare missing man formation flyover featuring three C-130 aircraft.
• 3 p.m.; Dedication of the “Tenth Panel” of the Welcome Home Heroes Traveling Tribute honoring fallen hero DC3 Nathan Bruckenthal, U.S. Coast Guard.
•4:30 p.m.; “We Are Family” in concert.
• 5 p.m.; “Revived” in concert.
• 5:30 p.m.; “Aslan” in concert.
• 6 p.m.; Official ceremony.
• 7 to 8:30 p.m.; Country music artist, American Idol finalist, and former Marine Josh Gracin in free concert.
• 9 p.m.; fireworks to “Welcome Home” our heroes in the military.
Monday, May 30
10 a.m. Memorial Day ceremonies at East Union Cemetery, Union Road & Louise Ave., Manteca.
10:30 a.m. Memorial Day ceremonies at Ripon Cemetery, Ripon.
11 a.m. Memorial Day ceremonies at Valverde Park, Fifth Street, Lathrop.
11:30 a.m. Memorial Day parade, Yosemite Avenue form Library Park to Manteca High, Manteca.
Saturday, May 29