The City of Ripon is offering free pick-up of leaves along with tree and brush trimmings.
Director of Public Works James Pease made that announcement at Tuesday's Ripon City Council meeting.
"This is a free service," he said, referring to residents.
From Oct. 15 through Jan. 31, brush pickup followed by Christmas trees will be available for curbside pickup.
included are several requirements by the City:.
- Loose yard trimmings and leaves should be placed in the street just outside the gutter (the gutter must remain clear for water runoff). No other waste can be placed among the prunings or leaves.
- All branches should not be more than four feet long and six inches in diameter.
- No tree stumps will be accepted.
- Do not bag or tie the trimmings.
- Remove stands from Christmas trees.
- No artificial trees.
It is not necessary for folks to call City Hall to request a pick-up from trimmings.
Public works will have a special crew to check the neighborhoods each week.
There are no set routes.
According to the city website (www.cityofripon.org). "if the yard trimmings are not picked up one week, they'll get it the next."