The Ripon Community Fireworks Committee is gearing up for an action packed day this Fourth of July. Events include a parade, carnival games, bounce houses, face painting, photo booth, food vendors, concert and of course a 4th of July Firework Extravaganza.
Events planned for Thursday are:
• 9:15 a.m. – Parade registration corner of North Acacia Avenue and West Main Street. Parade entry forms available online at www.ripon4thofjuly.com.
• 10 a.m. – 4th of July Parade (non-motorized) parade route will begin at the Historic Ripon Arch on West Main Street and will continue east until South Stockton Avenue, where it will then proceed south and end under the Historic Ripon Arch near George’s Bike Shop.
• 5:30 p.m. – Activities open at the Ripon Elementary School playground located at 509 W. Main Street. Activities include bounce houses, photo booth, carnival games, face painting, food vendors and more.
• 7 p.m. – Concert featuring Tongue & Groove, Ripon Elementary School.
• 9:15 p.m. – 4th of July Firework Extravaganza synchronized to music on 105.5 The River, Ripon Elementary School.
Admission into Ripon elementary School to watch the concert and fireworks is free. Activities at the school including the carnival games, bounce houses and face painting will take tickets which will be available at the ticket booth located near the bounce houses. Food vendors and photo booth will not be accepting tickets, purchase food and photos with the vendors. Food vendors include Bethany Home Lemonade Stand, Dale’s Kettle Corn, The American Dog BBQ and Ripon High Boosters, partnering with Jamba Juice.
For more information on this year’s 4th of July festivities we encourage the public to visit www.ripon4thofjuly.com or facebook.com/ripon4thofjuly.