This Saturday is the first day for the City of Ripon’s annual Fall Brush Pick-Up program.
Through Jan. 7, Public Works will patrol around to gather leaves, tree and brush trimmings and, following the holidays, Christmas trees.
This is a free service with a few guidelines, including:
· No palm branches or leaves.
· No trash bags or trash.
· Nothing over four feet long or six inches in diameter.
· No tree stumps.
· All leaves, branches and brush must be placed away from the sidewalk gutters to allow for water runoff.
· No artificial Christmas trees.
· Stands must be removed from Christmas trees.
It is not necessary to call Ripon City Hall to have items picked up.
A special public works crew will be around to pick up trimmings each week upon checking the neighborhood.
There are no set routes.
According to the City: “If yard trimmings are not picked up one week, they will get it the next (week).”
Log on to www.cityofripon.org.